- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 400 ml fresh fish stock
- 1 tsp chopped preserved stem ginger, in syrup
- 2 tsp chopped thyme
- 330 g skinned turbot fillets
- black pepper
- 25 g butter
- juice of half a lemons
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large handfuls fresh spinach
- 200 g fresh egg tagliatelle
1. Pour the fish stock into a non-stick frying pan. Add the ginger and thyme.
2. Season the turbot with salt and freshly ground pepper. Add the turbot to the fish stock.
3. Cover the turbot with greaseproof paper, bring to a simmer and poach for two minutes. Remove the paper and allow to simmer for a further three minutes.
4. Carefully remove the turbot from the poaching liquor and set aside, keeping warm.
5. Over a low heat, mix the butter into the poaching liquor and add the lemon juice.
6. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a heavy-based saucepan. Add the spinach, season with salt and freshly ground pepper and fry, stirring now and then, until just wilted.
7. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the tagliatelle and cook until al dente, a matter of minutes. Drain.
8. Serve the poached turbot on top of the sautéed spinach and tagliatelle and spoon over a little of the ginger and thyme sauce.
Rate This Recipe