- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 tbsp Italian olive oil
- 1 large onions, finely sliced
- 200 g cooked ham, thickly sliced and cut into strips
- 4 chicken breasts
- 150 g button mushrooms, finely sliced
- 100 ml dry white wine
- 800 canned Italian canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 250 g boiled rice, to serve
1. Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based, deep frying pan. Add in the onion and ham and fry until golden over a medium heat, around 5 minutes.
2. Add the chicken and mushrooms and cook briskly for 2 minutes.
3. Add the wine and cook for 5 minutes, allowing the wine to evaporate.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes, season with salt and freshly ground pepper and cook for 10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
5. To serve, place a chicken breast fillet each in the centre of four serving plates and spoon over some of the tomato sauce. Serve at once with plain boiled long grain rice.
Rate This Recipe