- Serves: 6
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 kg carrots, finely grated
- 2 lemons, juice only
- 8 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp mustard seeds, (optional)
- 4 tbsp nigella seeds, (black onion seeds)
1. Tip the carrots into a bowl, season generously with salt and stir in the lemon juice.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the mustard seeds, if using, and nigella seeds for about 30 seconds, until they start to pop and become aromatic.
3. Pour the spices and oil over the salad, mix together and serve
Rate This Recipe