- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 900 g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 225 g parsnips, peeled and cut into chunks
- 450 g pork and apple sausages
- 300 ml beer
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp gravy granules
- 1 tsp butter
- dashes of milk
1. Cover the potatoes and parsnips with water in a large saucepan; boil for 10-15 minutes until soft.
2. Meanwhile in a large pan, dry fry the pork and apple sausages for 12-15 minutes until cooked through. Add the light beer and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add the sugar and gravy granules; cook until thickened.
3. Drain the potatoes and parsnips, and mash with a knob of butter and a dash of milk.
4. Serve the sausages with the potato and parsnip mash and beer gravy.
Rate This Recipe