- Serves: 3-4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g minced pork
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 handfuls coriander, finely chopped
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- olive oil, for mixing and frying
- 1 large handfuls seasonal salad leaves
- balsamic vinegar, for dressing salad
- 1 loaf country bread, sliced thickly
For the chilli mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the pork, red pepper, chilli, cumin, coriander, egg yolk and a splash of olive oil and mix thoroughly. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. Shape the pork mixture into burger patties.
3. Heat a splash of olive oil in a frying pan and fry the patties until they are browned on both sides and cooked through.
4. For the chilli mayonnaise: combine the mayonnaise and sweet chilli sauce in a small bowl.
5. Dress the salad leaves with a vinaigrette of olive oil and a little balsamic vinegar to taste.
6. Toast the bread slices.
7. To serve, spread the toast slices with a little chilli mayonnaise, add some dressed salad leaves and top with a pork patty.
Rate This Recipe