- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 10 tbsp Italian olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 pinches of dried red chilli flakes
- 400 g tinned lentils
- 400 g tinned cannellini beans
- 4 pork chops
- salt, nd freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp leaves rosemary, chopped
- 4 fresh sprigs rosemary
- 2 balls buffalo mozzarella, drained and sliced
1. Heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil in a saucepan. Add in the onion and dried chilli and fry until golden, stirring often.
2. Add in the canned lentils and cannellini beans, together with the juices. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes, cooking off the liquid.
3. Using a hand-blender, blend the lentil mixture into a puree.
4. Preheat a griddle pan until hot.
5. Coat the pork chops with olive oil and season with salt, freshly ground pepper and chopped rosemary.
6. Griddle the chops for 2 minutes on each side.
7. Transfer the chops to a roasting tray. Top each chop with a rosemary stalk, then 2 slices of mozzarella. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
8. Preheat the grill, then grill the chops for 1-2 minutes until the mozzarella begins to melt.
9. Place 3-4 tablespoons of the lentil mixture each on 4 serving plates, then top with a freshly grilled pork chop. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe