- Serves: 6
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 30 mins refrigeration
- Effort: medium
- 900 g potatoes, parboiled in their skins, cooled, peeled & thinly sliced
- 500 g rocket
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 small individual goats' cheese
- 200 ml crème fraîche
- 600 g puff pastry
- flour, for dusting
- 1 egg, beaten
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 25 g unsalted butter
1. In a heavy-based pan, heat the oil and butter and cook the shallots for 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Add the sliced potatoes and pour over the cream and cook for a further 8-10 minutes. Finally add the rocket, season with salt and freshly ground pepper and remove from the heat. The temperature of the other ingredients will be enough to wilt the rocket sufficiently.
2. Preheat the oven to 220C/ 200C fan/gas 7. On a lightly floured surface, roll out two thirds of the puff pastry to a thickness of about 3mm. Lightly butter a 20cm cake tin and line with the pastry, pinching up the edges. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Brush the edges of the pastry with beaten egg and fill the centre with the potato and rocket mixture. Slice or crumble the goats' cheese and scatter over the top. Roll out the rest of the pastry to a thickness of about 5mm and lay over the top to make a lid. Pinch the edges together to seal well, trim off any excess pastry and brush with beaten egg.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes. When cooked, un-mould the pie, taking care not to damage it, and serve whole.
Rate This Recipe