- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 shallots, peeled and chopped
- 4 cm piece root ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 stick lemongrass, tough outer leaves discarded, chopped
- 2 red chilli, chopped
- 1 tsp shrimp paste, (belacan)
- 3 tbsp groundnut oil
- 250-300 g raw peeled tiger prawns
- 400 g Chiense broccoli
- 2-3 heads pak choi
- 1 Chinese okra, skin peeled, flesh sliced at an angle
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp mirin
- steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- 1-2 tsp sesame oil, to drizzle
- handful coriander, sprigs, to garnish
1. Tip the shallots, ginger, garlic, lemongrass, chillies and shrimp paste into a mini food processor and blend to a paste.
2. Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over a high heat and fry the paste for 2-3 minutes until sizzling and aromatic. Turn the heat down to medium-high, stir in the prawns and fry for 1-2 minutes until just turning pink then add the broccoli, pak choi, okra, soy sauce and mirin. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the vegetables are just tender.
3. Serve on hot jasmine rice, drizzle with a little sesame oil and scatter over a few sprigs of coriander.
Rate This Recipe