- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the burgers
- 2 shallots, peeled and chopped
- 1 splashes olive oil
- 700 g tail beef fillet
- 4 tbsp gherkins
- 2 tbsp double cream
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 splashes Worcestershire sauce
- black pepper
- burger buns
- spicy and chunky tomato relishes
1. Sauté the chopped shallots quickly in the oil for less than a minute to take off the rawness. Allow to cool.
2. Mince the fillet of beef through the fine plate of a mincer into a bowl.
3. Add the shallots, chopped gherkins, cream, mustard and Worcestershire Sauce. Beat all the ingredients together and season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Using a little oil on your hands, shape the mixture into 4 even sized burgers, then leave to rest for 10 minutes.
5. Preheat a barbecue grill and then cook the burgers medium rare, about 4 minutes on each side or to your liking.
6. Season well and serve in a burger bun with tomato relish.
Rate This Recipe