- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 300 ml water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 2 stalks forced rhubarb, sliced into thin strips
- handfuls ready-made miniature meringues
- small handful toasted almonds
- 2 tbsp double cream, whipped
1. Boil the water in a saucepan and dissolve the sugar, stirring constantly. Add half the lemon zest and rhubarb and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the rhubarb has softened.
2. Drain the rhubarb, then pile into a large mixing bowl with the meringues, whipped double cream, and half of the almonds. Stir together well.
3. To serve, spoon the mixture into a glass dessert bowl and sprinkle over the rest of the almonds and lemon zest.
Eton Mess Recipe
Rate This Recipe