- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 20 minutes plus standing
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 tbsp clear honey
- walnut-sized knob of butter
- 1 tbsp orange liqueur
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 12 figs
- 1 tsp thyme
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5.
2. Put the honey, butter, liqueur and cinnamon in a small saucepan. Heat gently, stirring, until liquid.
3. Using a small, sharp knife, make a cut like a cross in the top of each fig, cutting almost down to the base.
4. Place them upright in a roasting pan, splaying them out shamelessly as you go. Pour the liquid over each one. Roast for 15 minutes.
5. Sprinkle a bit of thyme over each fig. Return to the oven, switch it off, leaving the door ajar. Leave the figs in the oven for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Rate This Recipe