- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 red peppers
- 2 green peppers
- 2 yellow peppers
- 12 ripe tomatoes, scalded and peeled
- 6 tinned anchovies, halved lengthways
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 12 tbsp olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- focaccia, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 220°/gas 7. Slice each pepper in half lenthways, including the stalk and scoop out the seeds. Place the pepper halves in a shallow ovenproof dish.
2. Quarter the tomatoes and divide among the 12 pepper halves. Divide the anchovy fillets and garlic and pour a tablespoon of olive oil into each pepper half. Season with freshly ground pepper.
3. Bake for half an hour then reduce the heat to 180°C/gas 4 and bake for a further half an hour until the peppers have softened and are brown around the edges.
4. Serve the peppers warm from the oven with focaccia bread.
Rate This Recipe