- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 large potatoes, around 150-200g each, halved
- 2 bulbs garlic
- 150 ml olive oil
- 6 small red onions, peeled or bases trimmed and cut lengthways through the root
- 6 sprigs rosemary
1. Preheat the oven to 230°C / Gas Mark 8. Take a small, sharp knife and cut criss-cross slashes 1cm deep in the flesh of the potatoes without cutting the skin and put them cut-side up in a roasting tray.
2. Separate the cloves of garlic and scatter them around the potatoes. Pour the olive oil over the potatoes and place the tray in the preheated oven.
3. Take the roasting tray out of the oven after 10 minutes, add the onions and spread the rosemary in sprigs around them.
4. Baste all the ingredients with the oil and put back in the oven to cook for another 10 to 15 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown and tender. Serve with roast meat.
Rowley Leigh's No Place Like Home: English Seasonal Cooking is available from Clearview books for £9.99.
Rate This Recipe