- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 3 red onions, quartered and sliced
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 4-6 clove garlic, peeled and left whole
- 1 aubergine
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp finely chopped rosemary
- 2 tsp chopped thyme
- 400 g tinned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 handfuls spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 175 g feta cheese, crumbled
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas 7.
2. Arrange the onions, tomatoes, garlic and aubergine in a single layer in a large shallow roasting pan. Drizzle generously with olive oil. Sprinkle with the rosemary and thyme. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Roast the vegetables for 30-40 minutes, turning occasionally, until the onions are browned and sticky round the edges. Remove from the oven and allow to cool a little.
4. Scatter the chick-peas and spinach over a large serving plate. Season to taste.
5. Arrange the roasted vegetables on top. Sprinkle with the balsamic vinegar and feta cheese. Drizzle with olive oil.
6. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Rate This Recipe