- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 450 g Charlotte potatoes, halved
- 2 large red onions, cut into wedges
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- 200 ml red wine
- 450 g small cooked beetroot
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 150 ml soured cream
- 1 bunch of dill, roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas 7.
2. In a large roasting tin, toss together the potatoes, onions and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes. Add the red wine to the roasting tin and toss together well.
4. Return to the oven for a further 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and golden.
5. Add the beetroot halves to the tin and drizzle with the remaining olive oil and the balsamic vinegar. Toss together well and return to the oven again for a further 10-15 minutes.
6. To serve, pile the roasted onions, potato and beetroot onto a large warm serving dish. Drizzle with the soured cream, scatter with the dill and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe