- Serves: makes about 300ml
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 red peppers
- 4 tbsp blanched almonds
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Grill the peppers under a hot grill, turning often, until the skins are blistered and charred all over. Remove with tongs, place in a bowl and cover. Leave for 5-10 minutes to cool while the steam lifts the skins.
2. Meanwhile, in a dry frying pan, toast the almonds, stirring often until they are pale brown. Remove to a bowl to cool.
3. Peel and discard the skins of the peppers and remove the seeds and core.
4. Place the flesh in a blender with the toasted almonds, vinegar, olive oil and some sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pulse to combine, making sure the sauce still has some texture.
Rate This Recipe