- Serves: Makes 650g
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 450 g unsalted butter
- 225 g light brown sugar
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tsp finely grated orange zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 pinches ground or grated nutmeg
- 1 pinches ground cinnamon
- 6 tbsp dark rum or brandy
1. Cream the butter until soft, white and fluffy, then add the sugar, beating continuously.
2. Mix in the lemon and orange zest, lemon juice and spices.
3. Continue beating and add the alcohol drop by drop.
4. Transfer to a plastic box and chill until ready for use. Remove from the refrigerator 2 hours before serving and, once softened, fluff up with a fork.
Rate This Recipe