- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 900 g floury potatoes, such as King Edwards or Maris Piperpeeled and evenly diced
- 150 ml double cream
- pinch of strands saffron
- 55 g butter
- black pepper
1. Boil or steam the diced potatoes until tender and drain if boiling.
2. Meanwhile, heat the cream and the saffron in a small saucepan to just below boiling point. Remove from the heat and set aside to infuse.
3. Place the cooked potato in a saucepan and cook gently over a very low heat to dry out.
4. Mash the potatoes and add the saffron cream and the butter. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and serve.
Rate This Recipe