- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 225 ml white wine
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 225 ml verjuice, or white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 salmon steaks, weighing about 175g each
- oil, for brushing
1. Put the white wine, cinnamon and onion in a saucepan. Bring to the boil, then simmer briskly until reduced by one third.
2. Add the verjuice and ginger, and simmer for a few minutes more until slightly syrupy.
3. Meanwhile, preheat a stovetop griddle pan. Brush the salmon with oil.
4. Place the salmon on the griddle and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning once.
5. Place the salmon on warmed serving plates and spoon the syrup over the top.
Rate This Recipe