- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 250 g spicy chorizo sausages, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp red wine
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 200 ml chicken stock
- 1 large baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 225 g cooked pork sausages
- 410 g tinned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 2 good handfuls of chopped parsley
- cooked, buttered paella rice
- lemon wedges
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes, until softened.
2. Add the paprika and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
3. Add the chorizo and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes.
4. Add the red wine and continue cooking and stirring until reduced by half.
5. Add the canned tomatoes and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer, then add the potato cubes, pork sausages and chick-peas and cook for a further 20 minutes. At the last minute, throw in the cherry tomatoes.
6. Transfer to serving plates and sprinkle with plenty of chopped parsley. Serve with the buttered paella rice and lemon wedges.
Rate This Recipe