- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 kg coarse sea salt
- rosemary, chopped
- thyme, chopped
- 2 lemons, zest removed and set aside.
- 2 egg whites
- 1 large sea bass, approx 1kg, gutted
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
2. Pour the sea salt into a large bowl and add the rosemary, thyme and lemon zest.
3. Whisk together the egg whites with equal quantities of cold water to make a foam. Add enough of the egg foam to the salt to lightly coat it.
4. Cut the lemons into thick slices and put inside the cavity of the sea bass.
5. Take a deep roasting tin and put a decent layer of the salt on the bottom. Put the sea bass on top of the layer and pour the rest of the salt on top of it. Make sure all the fish is covered by patting it all over.
6. Cook in the oven for 45 minutes.
7. Take the fish out of the oven and use a knife to lift away the salt crust. Serve with a niçoise salad.
Rate This Recipe