- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 30 mins chilling
- Effort: easy
- 175 g chilled unsalted butter, plus more for greasing
- 225 g flour
- 60 g caster sugar, plus more for dusting
- 1 pinches salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Dice the butter and put into a mixing bowl to soften a little. Sift over the flour, caster sugar, salt and vanilla extract. Rub together with your fingertips and form the mixture into a ball.
2. Lightly flour the work surface. Roll out the shortbread and cut into strips approximately 4cm wide and 10cm long. Lay the biscuits out on a greased baking sheet and prick the surfaces all over with a fork. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
4. Sprinkle sugar over the shortbread then bake for 8 minutes, or until firm to the touch. Cool before removing from the baking sheet. Dust with caster sugar before serving with lemon posset.
Rate This Recipe