- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- about 750ml vegetable, chicken or fish stock
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large leek, finely sliced
- 250 g risotto rice
- 125 ml white wine or dry sherry
- 1 undyed smoked haddock fillet, finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped, to garnish
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped, to garnish
- black pepper
1. Pour the stock into a small saucepan and slowly bring it to a simmer.
2. In a large saucepan, heat the oil. Add the sliced leek and cook, stirring, over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until wilted and golden. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until the rice grains are glistening with oil and are becoming fragrant.
3. Pour the white wine or sherry into the rice and allow it to bubble away. Add a ladle of hot stock from the other saucepan and cook, stirring, until it has been absorbed by the rice. Add another ladle of hot stock and cook, stirring, until it has been absorbed by the rice. Repeat this process for about 17 minutes or until the rice is just tender and still has some bite to it.
4. Add another ladle of hot stock and stir the chopped smoked haddock into the rice. Continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes. Season to taste with a little salt and plenty of black pepper. Divide amongst serving dishes and scatter with the finely chopped spring onion and parsley before serving.
Rate This Recipe