- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g spaghetti
- 1 tbsp Italian olive oil
- 40 g salted butter
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 100 g salami, preferably from Naples, finely chopped
- 5 eggs
- 100 g pecorino cheese, grated
- 4 tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp double cream
- salt and black pepper
1. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the spaghetti and cook until tender, but still has some bite - this is known as 'al dente'. Drain, and toss the spaghetti with olive oil.
2. Heat a teaspoon of the butter in a 30cm diameter frying pan. Soften and fry the onion for 5 minutes, until golden brown. Add the salami and cook for a further minute. Leave on one side to cool.
3. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the cheese, parsley and cream, followed by the onion mixture.
4. Add the cooked spaghetti to the egg mixture. Heat the remaining butter in the rinsed-out frying pan and add the spaghetti mixture. Fry on both sides, until golden, flipping the frittata over half-way through cooking. Serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe