- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 sticks celery
- 100 g squid, cleaned and chopped
- 3 raw king prawns, de-veined
- 50 g live mussels, scrubbed
- 50 g fresh clams, scrubbed
- 50 g pink prawns, cooked
- 1 crab claw, cooked, meat extracted from shell
- 225 g lobster, cooked, meat extracted from shell
- 100 ml white wine
- 200 ml fish stock
- 1/2 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 400 ml fresh tomato sauce, (home-made or shop-bought)
- black pepper
- 200 g spaghetti
- zest of 2 lemons, grated
- squeeze of lemon juice
1. Heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan. Fry the onion, garlic, carrot and celery. Fry over medium heat, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
2. Add the squid and raw king prawns and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the mussels, clams and cooked prawns, followed by the white wine, fish stock and parsley.
3. Increase the heat and cook briskly for 3-4 minutes. Add the crab and lobster meat and stir in the tomato sauce. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain the spaghetti and toss with the remaining olive oil.
5. Toss the spaghetti with the seafood sauce and sprinkle over the lemon zest and a squeeze of lemon juice. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe