- Serves: 2-3
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus at least 1 hr marinating
- Effort: easy
For the marinade
- 6 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed to a paste
- 2 large red chillies, finely chopped
- good splash Worcestershire sauce
- 140 ml apple juice
- chopped coriander, to taste
For the chicken
- 6 chicken legs
- salad, to serve
1. For the marinade: mix all of the marinade ingredients together, adding salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, in a non-reactive shallow dish.
2. Add the chicken legs to the dish; cover and leave to marinade for at least an hour - if you wish to leave the meat to marinade for any longer, you should place it in the fridge and then bring it out to room temperature half an hour before you are ready to cook.
3. Preheat the oven to 190C/Gas 5.
4. Transfer the chicken legs to a roasting tray, cover with any remaining marinade and roast for about 40 minutes, or until the skin is crisp and golden-brown. Check the meat is cooked through by piercing it in the thickest part with a skewer - if the juices run clear the legs are cooked through.
5. Serve hot with salad.
Rate This Recipe