- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 55 g butter, half softened, the other half melted
- 350 g plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 140 g shredded suet
- 85 g caster sugar
- 115 g currants
- juice and grated zest of 2 lemons
- 150 ml milk
- 150 ml single cream
- custard, to serve
1. Use the softened butter to generously grease a pudding basin.
2. Place the flour, baking power, suet, sugar and currants in a mixing bowl. Mix in the melted butter.
3. Stir in the lemon juice and zest and while stirring slowly add the milk and cream mixture to a dropping consistency.
4. Transfer the mixture into the buttered bowl and cover with pleated greaseproof paper, to allow room for the pudding to expand. Secure the paper under the rim with string.
5. Steam the pudding for about 1 hour until cooked through, and serve with custard.
Rate This Recipe