- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the watercress mayonnaise
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- olive oil
- sunflower oil
- 1 bunches watercress, finely chopped, plus extra for garnish
For the steak
- 1 x 300 g sirloin or rib-eye steaks
For the radish salad
- 1 bunches radishes, topped and tailed
- sea salt
- extra virgin olive oil
- boiled new potatoes
1. For the mayonnaise: in a bowl, mix together the egg yolks, vinegar, mustard and season with salt and pepper. Whisk continuously and slowly add in an equal measure of olive oil and sunflower oil until you reach the desired consistency. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
2. Add the chopped watercress to the mayonnaise and carefully fold it in. Taste and alter the seasoning if necessary.
3. For the steak: brush the steak with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Fry in a hot pan or barbaecue for 4-5 minutes on each side (for medium rare), or until cooked to your liking. Rest on a warm plate for 5 minutes.
4. or the radish salad: slice the radishes wafer-thin and dress with sea salt and extra virgin olive oil.
5. Place the new potatoes on the plate next to the steak and drizzle over some mayonnaise. Arrange the radish salad on the side and garnish with watercress.
Rate This Recipe