- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 lemons, zest only
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds only
- 6 tbsp caster sugar
- knob of unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp strawberry jam
1. Separate the yolks and whites of the eggs, putting the whites in a large bowl and the yolks in another smaller one.
2. Add the lemon zest, vanilla seeds and 2 tablespoons of sugar to the to yolks and whisk to mix.
3. Whisk the egg whites for 3 minutes and then add 4 tablespoons of sugar. Continue to whisk until stiff peaks are formed when the whisk is removed from the bowl.
4. Gently fold the egg yolks into the whites until combined. Heat a grill to hot.
5. Heat a knob of butter in a frying pan and fry the eggs. Using a fork, drag the cooked egg mixture from the edges of the pan into the centre to ensure the omelette cooks evenly. Once the base is cooked and golden-brown, place the pan under the hot grill to brown the other side.
6. Heat the jam in a small pan or on high in the microwave and drizzle it over the top. Serve the omelette in the pan.
Rate This Recipe