- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 2 hrs 'poaching'
- Effort: easy
- large handful of fresh coriander, coarsely chopped
- 10 black peppercorns
- 2.5 cm ginger, crushed
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp fructose
- 4 chicken breasts
For the dressing:
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fructose
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 60 g wild rocket
- 60 g spinach leaves
- 8 new potatoes, boiled
- 300 g fine green beans, boiled
- 8 asparagus
- 6 coriander leaves
- 6 mint leaves
- 4 wedges of limes
1. Place the coriander, peppercorns, ginger, spring onion, salt and sugar in a large, lidded saucepan and fill the pan with cold water.
2. Bring the water to the boil, the chicken breasts, stir and place a tight fitting lid on the pan. Turn off the heat and leave the chicken to 'poach' for 2 hours until tender and cooked through; remove with a slotted spoon.
3. For the dressing, mix the chillies, garlic, sugar, white wine vinegar, lime juice and fish sauce together in a bowl.
4. To serve divide the iceberg lettuce, rocket and spinach leaves between 4 plates. Place the potatoes, green beans and asparagus spears over the salad leaves and spoon over the dressing.
5. Slice each poached breast and place one on each plate. Sprinkle the plates with coriander and mint leaves and garnish with the wedges of lime.
Rate This Recipe