- Serves: makes 1 x 400g jar
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 25 g root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 red chilli, deseeded
- 2 tbsp fish sauce, (nam pla)
- 375 g tomatoes, or cherry tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 200 g caster sugar
- 75 ml sherry vinegar, or white wine vinegar
Tips and Suggestions
Try this with Thai chicken cakes
1. Put the ginger, garlic, chillies and fish sauce into a blender (or use a hand-held blender) and whiz to a purée.
2. Place the purée in a saucepan with the tomatoes, sugar and vinegar and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring regularly, for 810 minutes or until thick and jam-like in consistency.
3. Place in a sterilised jar, cover with a lid and allow to cool, or pour straight into a bowl if serving immediately.
Rate This Recipe