- Serves: Makes 8 slices
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 90 ml vegetable oil
- 150 g white chocolate, chopped into small chunks
- 250 g self-raising flour
- 200 g sugar
- 250 g sweet potatoes, raw
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Tips and Suggestions
Why not top the cake with a yogurt frosting? Or add some ginger or orange as an extra flavour?
Inspired? Try out more of our favourite vegetable cakes
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a loaf tin with silicone paper.
2. Place the oil in a bowl with half the chocolate and place on top of a pan of boiling water, stirring occasionally until melted. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, sift the flour and add the sugar.
4. Puree the sweet potatoes in a food processor. Add the eggs to the mixture one at a time, then add the vanilla, oil and chocolate.
5. Pour the mixture over the dry ingredients and mix well. Add the rest of the white chocolate and pour into the loaf tins.
6. Place in the oven and cook for 50 minutes to one hour or until cooked. To check if the cake is cooked, insert a wooden cocktail stick into it - if it comes out clean, the cake is cooked.
7. Leave to cool, slice and serve.
Rate This Recipe