- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 8 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 15 g fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2-3 green chillies, finely chopped
- 500 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 750g fresh sweetcorn, kernels, removed from cob
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 100 ml single cream
- 3 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
1. Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and allow to crackle for 20 seconds, followed by the onions, garlic, ginger and chopped chillis. Sauté until the onion softens, then add the peanuts and fry for a further 2-3 minutes.
2. Pour in the tomatoes, sweetcorn and dried spices, add a pinch of salt and stir well. Pop the lid on and leave to simmer on a medium heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. To finish, stir in the cream and coriander and leave for 10 minutes on heat. Serve with chapatti or naan bread.
Recipe from Barfoots of Botley
Want more veggie ideas? Check out our vegetarian curry recipes.
Rate This Recipe