- Serves: 6
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 150 g tahini
- juice of 1-2 lemons
- extra virgin olive oil
- ground cumin or paprika
- chopped parsley
1. Crush the garlic to a paste with a little salt.
2. Place the garlic paste in a bowl with the tahina paste and add the juice of one lemon.
3. Now add a little cold water, beating it in gradually until you get a thick cream. At first the mixture will be thick and lumpy. Continue beating the mixture until it thins down and smooths out.
4. Taste and add more salt and lemon juice to taste. Spoon into a small serving bowl.
5. Just before serving drizzle a little olive oil over the surface, dust with a touch of paprika or cumin or both, and sprinkle over some parsley.
Rate This Recipe