- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 24 hrs marinating
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- juice of 1 limes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 white onion, finely sliced
- 1 rib-eye beef steak, 175g
- 2 flour tortillas
- 4 tbsp enchilada sauce
- 150 g mature cheddar cheese
- guacamole, to serve
- green chillies, sliced, to garnish
1. Mix together the vegetable oil, garlic, lime juice, salt, black pepper and white onion.
2. Coat the meat with the onion mixture, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
3. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
4. Spread the tortillas with enchilada sauce (reserving a little), fill with Cheddar cheese (reserving a little) and roll up over the cheese.
5. Place the filled tortillas in an ovenproof dish. Spread with the remaining enchilada sauce and sprinkle over the reserved Cheddar.
6. Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes until the cheese has melted.
7. Meanwhile, preheat a grill or griddle pan until very hot. Cook the steak on the grill or griddle until cooked to taste.
8. Serve the freshly grilled steak with the tortillas and guacamole, garnishing with the green chilli.
Rate This Recipe