- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus overnight marinating
- Effort: easy
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1/2 tbsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- a few pinches of salt
- 1 pinch saffron, soaked in 2 tbsp warm water for 10 minutes
- 4 tbsp plain yogurt
1. Using a sharp knife, slice 3-4 slashes across each of the chicken breasts.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the chicken breasts, garlic paste, ginger paste, garam masala, lemon juice, salt and saffron, making sure the mixture penetrates the slashes in the chicken breasts. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
3. Add the yogurt to the marinated chicken, mixing thoroughly. Cover and marinate in the fridge overnight.
4. Preheat the oven to 230°C/Gas 8.
5. Place the marinated chicken breasts on a rack in a roasting tray. Roast the chicken on the top shelf of the oven for 20-25 minutes, turning over halfway through, until the chicken is cooked through. Serve.
Rate This Recipe