- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 ml stock syrup
- handful coffee beans
- splash rum
- star anise
- 4 finger or mini bananas
- 4 slices brioche
- vanilla ice cream, to serve
1. Bring the syrup to a boil and add the coffee beans, a splash of rum and the star anise, leave to infuse.
2. Peel the bananas and then poach in the infusing stock syrup for about 2 minutes remove from the syrup and leave to cool slightly. Slice the bananas in half lengthways.
3. Meanwhile boil the syrup rapidly to reduce.
4. Heat a ribbed griddle pan and griddle the bananas.
5. Griddle the slices of brioche to toast.
6. Place the griddled bananas on top of the toasted brioche slices and serve with vanilla ice cream and a little syrup either warm or at room temperature drizzled over the top of everything.
Rate This Recipe