- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the salad
- 8 rashers bacon, rind removed
- 60 ml maple syrup
- 2 baby cos lettuce, trimmed and halved
- 8 long thin slices baguettes, toasted
- 4 eggs, soft boiled and peeled
- 20 g parmesan, finely grated
For the Caesar dressing
- 1 egg
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 180 ml vegetable or grapeseed oil
1. Preheat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Brush the bacon with maple syrup, place on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
2. For the dressing: place the egg, anchovy, sauce and lemon juice in a food processor and process until combined. With the motor running, gradually add the oil and process until creamy. Add water to adjust the thickness.
3. To serve: place ingredients on plates. Top with dressing and parmesan.
For more Donna Hay recipes and to view her range of cookery books, visit Donna Hay's website
Rate This Recipe