- Serves: 8-10
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus chilling time
- Effort: easy
- 6 eggs, separated
- 4-6 tbsp caster sugar, to taste
- 500 g mascarpone
- 100 ml coffee
- 50 ml amaretto (almond liqueur)
- 1 packet sponge fingers
- 100 g white chocolate shavings
1. Whisk the egg yolks and sugar and together until pale, thick and creamy. Stir in the mascarpone and mix well.
2. Half-whip the double cream and fold it into the mascarpone mixture.
3. In a large clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form then fold them into the mascarpone mixture.
4. Mix together the coffee and amaretto in a jug. Arrange a layer of the sponge biscuits in individual serving dishes and spoon some of the coffee and amaretto mixture over each.
5. Spoon the mascarpone mixture on top, dividing it equally between the serving dishes, then chill for a couple of hours, or overnight.
6. Just before serving, decorate with the white chocolate shavings.
Rate This Recipe