- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g couscous
- 400 ml boiling water
- 100 ml crushed tomatoes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- The juice of half a lemons
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes, cut into 4 pieces
- 1/2 tsp cumin, toasted in a pan for 30 seconds
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch of mint, leaves picked and roughly chopped
Tips and Suggestions
It is really important to cover the couscous when you have added the water. This will ensure it steam evenly and all the grains are cooked through well.
1. Place the couscous in a salad bowl with the olive oil, crushed tomatoes and lemon juice and a good pinch of salt. Use your hand to rub the couscous grains with these ingredients.
2. Let sit for 3 minutes. Now add the boiling water and couscous and cover the bowl with foil. Let sit for 6-8 minutes until tender. Now, with a fork fluff the couscous until all grains are separated.
3. Add the onions, mint, cherry tomatoes and cumin. Season again if necessary.
Rate This Recipe