- Serves: 12
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 275 g self-raising flour, sifted
- 225 g golden caster sugar
- 225 g unsalted butter, . softened
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. Place the flour, sugar, butter, baking powder and vanilla extract in a food processor. Break in the eggs.
3. Blend until well-combined.
4. Pour the batter into a greased, lined cake tin and smooth the top with a palette knife.
5. Bake the cake for 35-40 minutes until cooked through. To test that the cake is done press it lightly in the middle. If it pulls away from the sides of the tin it is done.
6. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
Rate This Recipe