- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the potato salad
- 12 new potatoes
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 4 spring onions, thickly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped dill
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
For the asparagus and watercress salad
- 12 asparagus
- 1 bunches watercress
- 2 tbsp hazelnut oil
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
For the fennel salad
- 1 large bulb fennel, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp caster sugar
For the salmon
- 4 slices Royal smoked salmon, (available from specialist producers)
- 4 slices gravadlax
- 4 slices beetroot smoked salmon, (available from specialist producers)
1. For the potato salad: boil the potatoes in a large pan of boiling salted water until tender - about 15-20 minutes. Drain well.
2. When the potatoes have cooled slightly, but are still slightly warm, combine the potatoes with the remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Set aside.
3. For the asparagus and watercress salad: blanch the asparagus in a pan of boiling salted water until tender. Drain well and then plunge into a bowl of ice cold water to cool. Drain again.
4. Combine the drained asparagus with the watercress and the remaining salad ingredients. Set aside.
5. For the fennel salad: combine all the salad ingredients in a salad bowl.
6. Arrange a slice of each type of salmon on each of four starter plates. Put a spoonful of each salad on the plate alongside the trio of salmon. Serve.
Made with produce from Forman and Field - finalists of the Local Food Hero Awards 2007.
Rate This Recipe