- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus overnight chilling
- Effort: easy
- 2 duck livers
- 2 fresh black truffles
- black pepper
- 600 ml light duck or chicken stock
- 2 tbsp cardamom seeds
- 2 tbsp nigella seeds
- 1 stick celery
1. Remove the nerves from the duck liver.
2. Mince the truffles and sprinkle on top of the liver. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Wrap the liver tightly in cloth and tie the ends to secure.
4. Place in a deep saucepan and cover with stock. Add the celery, cardamom and nigella seeds. Cover and poach for 15-20 minutes, taking care to keep the poaching liquid constant at 70°C.
5. Remove from the pan and refrigerate overnight.
Rate This Recipe