- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 egg yolks
- 235 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 4 large firm tomatoes
- 2 large tins tuna, packed in olive oil
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp capers
1. To make the mayonnaise beat egg yolks in a mixing bowl. Then drizzle extra virgin olive oil in a thin steady stream while continuously whisking the yolks.
2. Add a pinch of salt, freshly squeezed lemon juice and continue to whisk the mixture until well blended and creamy.
3. Cut off the top 1/3 part of each tomato. Then carefully scoop out and discard the inside of each tomato with a spoon.
4. To make the filling, drain the tuna from the oil and place tuna in a bowl. Then add parsley, 2 tablespoons of chopped capers, and 3/4 of the mayonnaise. Mix well.
5. Spoon the mixture into the tomato shells. Top with the remaining mayonnaise and capers.
Rate This Recipe