- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 20 mins chilling
- Effort: easy
- 25 g pine kernels
- 250 g tuna steaks, cubed
- 50 g grated parmesan
- 25 g sultanas
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1 tbsp mint leaves
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp lemon zest, grated
- 1 tsp dried red chilli flakes
- a little flour, to dust (optional)
- oil spray, for frying
- salt and black pepper
1. Heat a dry frying pan over a moderate heat. Add the pine nuts and toast, stirring often, until they are golden brown. Set aside to cool.
2. In a food processor, combine the tuna, cheese, sultanas, parsley, mint, crushed garlic, lemon zest, chilli flakes and some salt and pepper. Sprinkle in the toasted pine nuts and process to the texture of minced meat. If necessary, stop and scrape down the sides of the food processor bowl before whizzing the mixture again, to ensure it blends evenly.
3. Dust your hands lightly with flour if desired, and shape the mixture into patties. Cover and place in the fridge to chill for about 20 minutes to help them firm up.
4. Spritz a heavy-based frying pan lightly with oil spray and place over a medium heat. Fry the patties on each side until well browned and the centre of each patty is losing its pinkness. Alternatively, cook under an overhead grill, brushing the patties lightly with oil to encourage browning. Serve hot.
Rate This Recipe