- Serves: makes 3 cups
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 tbsp fresh valerian root
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon balm leaves
- 3 tsp fresh lavender, leaves
- 6 leaves and 3 heads from passion flowers
- 1 1/2 oranges, zest only
- 900 ml whole milk
- 50 g dark chocolate, (minimum 50% cocoa solids)
- dashes of vanilla extract
1. Chop off the top and bottom from the fresh valerian root. Add the valerian root, lemon balm leaves, lavender flowers, passion flowers, orange zest, and milk into a heavy-based pan and gently heat for 5-10 minutes. Strain through a fine sieve.
2. Return the strained milk back into the pan, then stir in the dark chocolate and vanilla over a low heat for 3-4 minutes, or until melted.
3. Pour into mugs and drink immediately.
Rate This Recipe