- Serves: Makes 12
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the cakes:
- 250 g unsalted butter, softened
- 250 g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 185 g self-raising flour
- 60 g plain flour
- 185 ml milk
For the icing:
- 250 g white chocolate chips
- 300 ml soured cream
- raspberries or sweets, to decorate
Tips and Suggestions
Fancy giving your sweet treats a festive makeover? Try one of our favourite Christmas cupcake recipes
1. For the cakes: preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Grease a 12-hole 125ml non-stick muffin tray.
2. Put the butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, then add the vanilla and beat until well combined. Sift the flours together and fold in while adding the milk. Stir until almost smooth.
3. Divide the mixture between the muffin holes then bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to sit for 10 minutes in the tin. Turn the cakes out onto a wire rack to cool.
4. For the icing: while the cakes are cooling put the white chocolate in a bowl over gently simmering water.
5. Once the chocolate has melted stir until smooth and remove from the heat to cool slightly. Gently beat in the sour cream until you have a thick creamy icing.
6. Spread the cooled cakes with the icing and top with raspberries or sweets.
Rate This Recipe