- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 2 hours setting time
- Effort: easy
- 50 g caster sugar
- 1 vanilla beans, split and seeds scrapped
- 400 ml cream
- 100 ml milk
- 125 g ricotta cheese
- 3 gold strength gelatine leaves
- 230 g honey
For the coffee and caramel sauce
- 220 g caster sugar
- 180 ml cream
- 80 g butter
- 40 ml brewed coffee
1. In a bowl, mix the milk and the ricotta together with a whisk until smooth. Soak the gelatine leaves in some cold water until soft. In a medium saucepan on medium heat, add the cream, sugar, honey and vanilla seeds (do not boil).
2. Add the ricotta and milk to the hot cream mixture and stir well for a minute. Remove from the heat and stir the gelatine (squeeze the water out) into the cream mixture. Strain through a fine sieve. Cool to room temperature.
3. Pour into greased 125ml dariole moulds (preferably plastic, as it is easier to de-mould) and place into the fridge until set. This should take at least 2 hours.
4. For the coffee caramel sauce: Heat the sugar in a saucepan with a little bit of water until dark golden in colour (be careful not to burn). Remove from the heat and add the cream, coffee and butter. Whisk well until all the ingredients have come together. Place in the fridge to cool.
5. De-mould panna cottas and serve with the caramel sauce
Rate This Recipe