- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 10 mins soaking
- Effort: easy
- 200 g venison fillets
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 25 g butter
- 100 g wild mushrooms, soaked in hot water for 15 minutes
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 50 ml red wine
- 50 ml balsamic vinegar
1. Rub the venison with the oil.
2. Heat a heavy-based frying pan. Add the venison and fry for 1 minute on each side.
3. Add 15g of butter, drained porcini, shallots and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
4. Add the red wine and balsamic vinegar and cook, stirring to deglaze the pan.
5. Once the venison is cooked to taste remove it and keep warm. Add the remaining butter to the red wine sauce and cook briskly until reduced by half.
6. Pour the hot wine sauce over the venison and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe