- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus cooling time and setting time
- Effort: medium
- 4 sheets leaf gelatine
- 120 ml milk
- 1.2 litres double cream
- zest of 2 oranges, finely grated
- 2 vanilla pods, split in half
- 150 g caster sugar
- 80 ml vodka
- 125 g strawberries, quartered
- 1-2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 small bunch mint, torn
1. Soak the leaf gelatine in the milk in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Heat 800ml cream, the orange zest, split vanilla pods and caster sugar in a pan. and bring to the boil. Simmer until the mixture is reduced by a third.
3. While the cream is reducing, remove the gelatine from the milk and heat the milk in a pan to warm gently. Add the soaked gelatine, stirring to dissolve the gelatine.
4. Stir into the warm cream; pour the mixture through a sieve and leave to cool.
5. Lightly whisk the remaining cream and whisk into the setting mixture, together with the vodka. Pour the mixture into 6 ramekins or similar sized moulds and place in the fridge to set.
6. Mix the strawberries, sugar and mint together in a bowl.
7. To remove the panna cotta from the moulds: briefly dip the base of the mould in hot water to release. Wipe with a towel to avoid any water dripping and then tip onto a plate.
8. Serve with the minted strawberries on the side.
Rate This Recipe